(HealthDay News) -- Your doctor or health care provider can be a huge help in keeping you well, as long as he or she knows your complete health history.
The Cleveland Clinic says you and your doctor should always share information about:
- Any health conditions other than the one being treated.
- Your current regimen of medications, herbs or supplements.
- Allergies to any medication, food or substance.
- Trouble taking any medication.
- If you may be pregnant, are pregnant, are planning to get pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- If you are following a specific diet, such as one that's low-sugar or low-sodium.